Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 4: Reflection


This week was all about setting. First we were to read about setting in our books and also watch a short presentation created by the teacher on setting. Setting is the time, location, and everything in which a story takes place, and initiates the main backdrop and mood for a story. Then we were to read two short stories before class on Monday. The two stories were, A Party Down at the Square by Ralph Ellison and Shiloh by Bobbie Ann Mason. I personally like the story Shiloh more because I understood it better and it also was a much gentler story than A Party Down at the Square. I didn’t really like the type of story, A party down at the Square was because it was about racism and the whole burning of people alive is disgusting and just wrong. In class we had an assignment in which we discussed the two stories and answered multiple questions on them.


Our journal entry consisted of watching a short YouTube video that displayed many photos of beautiful sceneries and then responding to what we had just scene. Watching the short clip brought back memories of past vacations and specific moments in my life. It also made me think about where I want to live when I am older and what mood each type of scenery tends to set.




We did not have a discussion forum this week but we did have to submit our first draft to our first paper. My first paper was about how my uncle has inspired me to follow in his footsteps and become an Orthotic and prosthetic practitioner. I thought I did a good job at first but I was later to realize the many mistakes that were in my paper.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, but you had a nice revision of that first draft that you should be proud of.

    ReplyDelete