Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 7: Reflection


This week was mainly a continuation to our learning of poetry. We looked up online all the different types of poetry and to my surprise there’s a ton of different types of poetry. Before this class I had no idea that there were so many different types of poetry. I at first thought poetry rhymed when in reality not all poetry consists of even rhyming. There are just so many types of poetry for example, Tanka, Irony, Name poem, Ballad, Epitaph, lyric, Rhyme, Verse, Dramatic, and the list is ongoing. We referred to this site to learn about the different types of poetry:


http://www.types-of-poetry.org.uk/


In class we were instructed to get into groups of two and write a poem according to the description on the piece of paper we pulled from the hat. My partner Vince and I got Irony as the type of poem we had to write.

Here’s our poem:


MATT & VINCENT


Despite all the sunshine

My acting had no room to shine

On the daring paramount stage

I received the bare minimum wage.



For our out of class work we were to post in our new blog. This was the first time I ever blogged before and it was kind of cool to learn how to do. At first I thought, “Ugh I don’t want to learn how to blog…” But after writing my first post I really didn’t find blogging all that bad, it’s actually quite interesting. We also took a short matching quiz on poetry types, which I found very easy and got a 100 on :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved your graphic you chose. Don't forget to cite it if it is not copyright free. I love the poem, too.

    ReplyDelete