Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week 2: Reflection

The second week of class was the first time I met for a face-face class. I had to introduce myself and tell everyone something weird about myself, so that people could remember me. At first I simply said I was from New York, but I was forced into thinking of something else that was more interesting and I came up with that I have eaten Ostrich. Then class really begun, we talked about and learned about Characterization. We were to have read three different things in our Literature books before we got to class. We broke up into groups of four and discussed the two short stories. I had only read one of the short stories which got me in a bit of trouble because I only knew part of the information that was needed for class. I had only read, Died and Gone to Vegas by Tim Gautreaux which was a story about a factory and a group of workers playing a card game. In class we also had a Journal entry we had to write responding to a short clip we listened to about a women and a men and how they met. In my entry I compared the guy’s scenario to how I feel sometimes when I go out on a first date.


For our discussion forum we had to choose from one of three things in order to respond to Tim O’Briens How to Tell a War Story. I personally choose to make a Wordle on the narrator’s main character, Bob “Rat” Kiley. My wordle described the main characters personality and the setting he was in. Here is the wordle that I made:

1 comment:

  1. I loved that Wordle of yours. The Bob and the Rat stand out like they should.

    ReplyDelete